Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post Christmas Choices

So, I got Mike Neverwinter Nights Diamond for Christmas. I have no idea how to play this game but Carrie already has me playing with her. I'm sure it will not be too long before I am sufficiently addicted to this as well. Mike also recieved Stargate SG1 seasons 1 & 2- in the last week i have watched them all except the last 4 episodes of season 2. Yep. I'm a geek. Plus mike got season 4 of 24, the original star wars 4,5, &6, and 5 or so other DVD's. Mike and i figured out that for Christmas we recieved easily somewhere over a 100 hours of movies and TV dvds. Yep, plus neverwinter nights. And on top of that, i haven't finished winning lord of the rings yet, i'm about to attack the black gate! (not that i'm complaining! We all loved our gifts!) So, knowing this data A-i have to make a choice if i want to become one of those full time gammers I heard one of the school of minsitry students talking about, option B- just be a lazy couch potatoe, or C... serve God! no time for all! hhhmmmm, when God said i had to give up everything to serve him i just thought he ment my family, friends and (my fleshly) dreams and stuff. Who knew that he meant games and movies as well! Jesh! You mean i have to chose between the Kids room and Jack Bauer sometimes!? I've only seen the Sound of Music 87 times! i really hoped to watch it at least 500 times before i died. I'm sure i can find a way to teach salvation from analagies of the dark side and luke skywalker in the jail.

Sigh. ah well. the temptation of post christmas distraction and laziness. God Help me overcome!!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Blue Bellied Yank said...

I could tell you who's responsible for mixing up a Christian celebration with a Pagan festival but most likely you already know...
The distraction takes on the innocence of light but it is not of the Light of the World.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- we're 24 fans here, too! Usually we order them from Netflix when my hubby has a vacation from school- like Christmas break- in fact we were just watching part of the 5th season today! As for the Sound of Music- you should have my job- one of the residents watches that movie over and over- and it's my job to be with her, so....Oh darn, I have to watch that AGAIN? Actually, I usually work nights, so she's not awake.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

Nice christmas photos. Ever think about modeling?

-EHLTB

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these photos make you look sophisticated now ^_^, and web savvy. >_^.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey book recommendation for you:
"Becomming a Woman of Prayer" by Cynthia Heald. It's quite thought provoking and interactive. It has a workbook format, where you look up verses and write in the book what you get out of them. It's almost like journaling (only with an expressed purpose). I think you'd like it. I got it at the JF bookstore.

12:19 PM  
Blogger jigsaw said...

I'm not sure about the modeling thing. Ever since i had that Half Org opperation, i just don't feel as attractive somehow...

10:11 PM  
Blogger jigsaw said...

Lizard P.- that sounds good. I'll check into that at the bookstore. I just finished that book about Susanne Wesley and i have to say it wasn't at all what i thought it would be. ask me about it later if you think to.

24 rocks... mike and i are trying to pace ourselves through the 4th season now so we are not taking time from God,... but ... it's... so... good!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Stuen said...

luckily there are many deep spirtual truths that we can glean from both Star Wars and Middle Earth... many.

but serisously Stargate SG-1? ugh.

11:03 AM  
Blogger jigsaw said...

i thought the same thing about SG1 when mike got it for christmas... but then i was sick one day and that's all i watched and i just coulnd't stop! it's lame but in that really good TV show way, some really bad acting but some really cool plot lines. It just sucks you in like a... a... well, i'm not sure what like but it hooks you. And there are totally spiritual truths in SG1 like the alien inside the dudes body.. couldn't that be like the holy spirit? hu? Hu!?

8:59 PM  
Blogger Robocarp said...

dorks...

i know how you feel though, thats why the church house is sitting on all of our dvd's, dont quite want to give up the c-games though, been bugging the crap out of jonah to let me borrow his neverwinter.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home